Thank you to Nicholas Kurta for providing photos of our apparatus.
116 Command is a 2019 Ford F-150 4×4 used as the primary command vehicle by the Fire Chief or Duty Officer.
116 Squad is a 1996 Ford F-250 4×4 used for manpower movement to and from incidents.
116 Utility is a 2021 Ford F550 4×4 / Deep South walk around-rescue. The utility is a multi purpose apparatus. We carry extrication equiptment, structural firefighting equipitment, brush firefighter equiptment as well as a 300 gallon water tank, 5 gallon foam tank, with a booster reel.
116 Truck is a 2001 HME/Smeal 100 foot midmount quint, nicknamed “Big Mama II.” The truck company is our second out apparatus on structural assignments.
116 Engine 2
116 Engine 2 was purchased from the Midway Fire Department in New York. Engine 2 is a 1999 Pierce Dash, nicknamed the “Brownsville Express.” Engine 2 is our primary rescue-pumper.
116 Engine 1
116 Engine 1 is our newest piece of apparatus. It is a 2022 Pierce Enforcer 7010. Engine 1 is currently used as a primary structure engine. Engine 1 carries your bread and butter firefighting equipment aswell as 6 seats for firefighters.
Ex-116 Engine 1
Our former Engine 1, nicknamed “The War Wagon” was a 1991 Grumman. This engine was our down and dirty primary firefighting pumper. Engine 1 was sold to a collector in West Virginia, and then resold to the Lick Hill Fire Department in Butler County, Pennsylvania.
History of the Company
The Brentwood Volunteer Fire Company combines professional training and advanced equipment with a strong community orientation. Local volunteers have chosen to sacrifice their time and put their safety on the line to preserve the lives and property of their neighbors. In addition to responding to fire emergencies and vehicle accidents, the department also performs valuable community service.
Our company had its first meeting on January 3, 1916. We were founded May 7, 1917. BVFC chartered John Grine the first chief in 1916.
The Brentwood Volunteer Fire Company Relief Association was chartered November 25, 1936.
The purpose of the Association shall be the preservation and protection of life and property from and during the perils of fire and other major hazards caused by weather or disturbances within the Borough of Brentwood and to lend the same assistance the neighboring communities when requested in cooperation with other similar associations.